Jay Leno addresses cancellation rumors

By | January 7, 2010 at 9:27 pm | One comment | News, TV/Movies | Tags:

On tonight’s episode of The Jay Leno Show, viewers will see the man himself addressing the rumors of the show’s cancellation that ran rampant today online.

“I don’t think there’s any truth to the rumor,” Jay says, jokingly adding that “NBC only cancels you when you’re in first place, so we’re fine” alluding to the show’s current lackluster ratings. Check out the clip below from the to-be aired show.

So, Leno here is pretty clear that there’s going to be no pulling the plug on this show. What is becoming more clear, however, is there will be some serious time slot swapping going on. The New York Times just reported that NBC had been in long meetings all day trying to establish an agreement between Leno and Conan O’Brien’s team, concerning what show will air at what time each night.

The Times‘ Bill Carter writes: “The network has a plan in the works to restore Jay Leno to his old spot at 11:35 each weeknight for a half-hour, while pushing the man who replaced him, Conan O’Brien, to a starting time of 12:05 a.m. Mr. O’Brien would then have a full hour.”

Confused yet?

About the Author

Punchline Magazine

  • http://www.baduku.com Namsterdamus

    I can’t believe it! First Jay said he would retire but he didn’t, but on top of that starts a new show just steal his audience back. I personally think it’s just messed up.

© 2011-2013 Laughspin. Some rights reserved. Hosted by ServInt